You’re unique and your financial plan should be, too. When we meet, we’ll first talk about what matters most to you. Next, we’ll look at where you are now, where you want to go, and create a plan to get there. And, because life (and your priorities) can change, your plan will have built-in flexibility for the long term.
Here are some of the ways I can help you:
Balance Your Priorities
With competing demands on your money, how do you live for today and save for tomorrow? I can take a look at your entire financial picture and recommend cash flow strategies to help you balance your financial priorities. Together, we can answer question such as:
- How do I balance paying off debt and saving for the future?
- Should you save for retirement or for your kids’ education?
- Is there anything I can do to pay less income tax?
Invest for the Future
A well-designed investment plan is the best way to reach your short- and long-term goals. I can help you build a plan based on sound principles and your personal priorities. Together, we can look at how to:
- Stay on track with your investment plan
- Achieve your goals with mutual funds and other investments
- Maximize your RRSP and TFSA contributions
- Make the most of a bonus, tax refund or other large sum of money
Plan Your Retirement
Did you know that retirement can now last 30 years or longer? I can help make sure you have a solid, yet flexible plan in place to handle the changes you may encounter along the way. We can explore topics such as:
- How much do I need to retire?
- Whether you can—or should—retire early
- Understanding your pension choices
- How you want to spend your time in retirement
Define Your Legacy
Your legacy is made up of the values and assets that you leave to future generations. Let me help you provide a secure future for the people and causes you care about by showing you:
- Why it’s important to have both a Will and an estate plan
- Ways to transfer assets—such as the family cottage—to your beneficiaries
- How to plan for the future of your business
Implement Tax Strategies
By looking at your entire financial picture—your income, expenses, current investments and more—I can recommend strategies that will help reduce the taxes you and your family pay. Some strategies I can help with include:
- Minimizing taxes with a registered plan such as a TFSA or RRSP
- Income splitting with your spouse
- Tax-efficient ways to pass assets to your beneficiaries
Enjoy Your Retirement
If you’re getting close to retirement, I can help you create a plan that’s designed around how you want to spend your retirement and recommend ways to make your money last. Here are just a few of the things I can help you think through:
- Whether you have enough money to retire
- Financial steps to consider at age 65 and age 71
- The pros and cons of downsizing your home
- When to take your Canada Pension Plan (CPP)/Quebec Pension Plan (QPP)
Business Owner Planning
Business Owner Planning is a complimentary, comprehensive advice offering to help business owners make informed decisions about structuring and growing a business, preparing for the unexpected, and planning for transition. Drawing in RBC colleagues as needed for support in specific areas, I can help you assess:
- Does it make sense to incorporate or not?
- What is your business worth today?
- Where does your business fit into your retirement plan?
Anthony March, PFP